Although I like the bobbin idea, and I love the idea of a  commemorative
cloth, how about this idea? Why don't we have a 20th Anniversary  Flash drive
made with a lace design on the cap.

I propose this idea because Arachne is an internet  group.

It is now the case that people store and share lace photos and  information
via flash drives.

I have dozens of flash drives lying around and can never  locate the one
with the lace pictures on it because they tend to look alike. One  with a lace
pattern on it would stand out.

My daughter informs me that it is now the case that gold,  bejeweled
designer flash drives are being given as love tokens, much as  bobbins once
were.
In fact the museum has several distinctive flash drives,  including one that
is in the shape of a mummy case, which are unique and  fun.

There may even be a secondary market for these at lace  conventions as
people who have come out without their flash drives realize that  they could be
receiving images from others at the convention. If a profit were  realized
it could be donated to the lace cause of choice.

And no, I don't want to spear head this project. It is just an  idea I had.

Devon