Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 08:55:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Karen Bovard <k.bov...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [lace] Nanduti vs. Teneriffe Lace

There are several differences between Teneriffe and Nanduti Lace.

My big question is the spelling
of 'Teneriffe' vs 'Tenerife'!!!

Everything that pertains to the island of
Tenerife in the Canary Islands is spelled with one 'f''. It seems that
things associated with the lace use two 'f's'. Alexandra Stillwell's book is
spelled "Teneriffe Lace". It is my suspicion that this is where the second
'f' came from. Any ideas????

Karen Bovard
The ShuttleSmith
Omaha, Nebraska
www.TheShuttleSmith.com

Hi Karen

My book The Technique of Teneriffe Lace' was written before 1986 when it was
published.  All the books I had used to research the lace spelt the word
'Teneriffe' with two 'f's,  you can see some of them on the Arizona Archives
website. http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/lace.html , so I used that
spelling as the name pertained to the lace, not the geographical location.

Happy lacemaking

Alex