Last weekend, I attended the North Carolina Regional Lacers' Spring Lace Day.
As always, it was great fun!..there was an area for lacemakers to sell
lacemaking supplies they no longer use.  A friend was there, selling the last
of the things from Betty Ann Rice.  I glanced into a box of old bobbins, and a
spangle caught my eye...   could it be?

It was a tiny bone spy glass...  And yes!  It was a Stanhope!  The image was
barely visible, but I was very excited to find it.  The amazing thing is that
so many people had been through those bobbins in the past year and no one else
had noticed it.  I suppose our discussion last week about Stanhopes was fresh
in my mind, so I knew it when I saw it.

After getting home with it and looking at it carefully, I realized the lens was
coated with grime.  After carefully cleaning it, I can now see four drawings
with titles!  There is "King's Road", "The Aquarium", "Palace Pier", and "The
Beach".  There appear to be two other pictures below the four, but all that is
visible are the tops of the drawings.

Any ideas where these places are?  The bobbin has "British 8th Navy" written on
it with the name of someone who died in 1981.

Clay

Sent from my iPad