Yes indeed Clay -- exciting!

Brighton is the first place I think of given
those names/places.

1981 or 1881?  If 1981 then it sounds unusual, both to
have a commemorative bobbin for someone's death but also for the subject
matter of the pictures--see the discussion at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanhope_(optical_bijou), where it says most
recent ones are of religious themes.  (And yes, to some of us, 1981 seems
"recent"!! I don't think I want to hear the "but I wasn't even born yet"
remarks!)  There's a picture of a little spy-glass on the Wikipedia page, is
that what yours looks like?

Nancy
Connecticut, USA

Any ideas where these
places are?  The bobbin has "British 8th Navy" written on it with the name of
someone who died in 1981.