Hello All!  Having received some off-list electrical counseling, I need to
clarify the issues with this light!  This light does eat batteries--period.
It's not suitable for fine work over time because my light was purchased in the
morning & the batteries were dead by noon.  The Ott company does not supply an
AC adapter with the initial purchase, nor does it sell one as an after market
accessory.  The purchaser is on his/her own.  As pointed out to me privately,
an AC adapter must be "sized" correctly for the device, something I felt I had
done when I purchased one at Radio Shack.  Ott blames the premature failure of
the light on the use of an incompatible AC adapter.  The light weight, compact,
flip up design is great.  The light is pure.  Unfortunately it's a very
expensive flash light & "green" only to the extent that the entire device may
be recycled at Waste Management.  What should be a win-win is a big lose-lose
for the consumer.  It turns out there are a number of re!
 views & suggestions regarding this product on Amazon.  When my fluorescent Ott
light quit during the morning session of an EGA class, I didn't take time to
read product reviews.  I needed a light immediately & the EGA vendor had the
LED model in stock.  It turned out to be a costly mistake.  I will follow up on
the other LED lighting suggestions that have been offered before purchasing a
replacement.  There should be an answer here somewhere, but is Ott part of the
solution or part of the problem?  Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Erie, PA USA