Although it would still involve posting, it might be easier to download the
PDFs onto a CD/DVD or even a memory stick of some sort because as was
mentioned, the complete books are large files to send and download.

There is always the risk of people sharing them whether in book or
electronic form; as I said recently in another thread, when I was in Spain I
was
offered a memory stick containing about 20 lace books which had been illegally
scanned, but most people will be prepared to buy a legitimate version if it
is available at a sensible price.  On the whole lacemakers are honest
people.