Tip of the Day:

I once bought a single pattern printed on orange paper.  How ridiculous I
thought.  Bright orange will be very hard on the eyes.  I decided to
experiment on a corner and to my great delight, when I added the usual blue
peel-and-stick film, the two colours combined made a buff/light brown/dark
beige antique-ish colour.  This colour is very restful to look at and works
well behind white threads and most colours.  I now photocopy my patterns onto
orange paper, if possible.  I feel as if I am working on antique vellum
prickings.

Ruth Johnson
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
(Where I am painting my kitchen and imagining new curtains with lace trim or
inserts)