Hi Sue,

They are Romanian point lace and the cord is worked with a crochet hook, laid
out on a pattern (just like needlelace) and then filling stitches worked.   The
cord is fun to do (once you've worked out how to do it!) and it is one of the
easiest laces to design your own patterns.  There are several good tutorials on
YouTube, as well as some great books by Syliva Murariu.

Jill
Milton Keynes, UK

> On 21 August 2013 at 15:40 Sue <su...@talktalk.net> wrote:

I am intrigued to know how two of the early ones are, cord work, I dont think it
is tatting, but it doesn't look like bobbin lace, could it be needle lace?