Thank you folks,
Having sent the email, got one reply back suggesting I might put more threads in. I did put an extra one in on the outside edge but not the inside which would have benefitted from an extra one as well I do feel that the whole thing will be too spidery thin for the best look. I started to think what other thread might work and got Brendas book out. I hadn't really got an idea of what thread would fit the bill, but took a sensible look through and actually did look at the 27, 28 wpc threads realising I do have a couple of threads which fit the bill. So thank you, as ever for the help and I am really rather pleased with myself for thinking that through and coming up with the same sort of numbers. What a long way I have come with Brenda's book and with lace via Arachne.
Sue T
Dorset UK

Hello Sue and everyone

You've enlarged the pattern 119% so I'm thinking the thread size should be
increased by that. Brok 36/2 and E.C. 36/2 are 32 and 31 wraps
respectively. Doing the arithmetic, dividing the 32 by 1.19 I get 27-28
wraps for the slightly thicker thread. Now to find an accessible thread.
Madeira Cotona 30 is 29 wraps in Brenda's T4Lace, could do quite well.
If you have that book, check out the 27- and 28-wrap columns.
My go-to would be the Sulky 30 wt. in the 27 wraps section.
Does this help?