Talking about Point Ground Laces, which we were as Jenny has just started
doing Bucks Point, this month's Artefact of the Month picture from The Lace
Guild (free to everyone who asks) is a beautiful black machine lace Chantilly
shawl.

Absolutely stunning and it demonstrates that we shouldn't turn our noses up
at lace that's not made by hand.  Don't forget that humans designed it and
programmed the machines to be able to make it (punch cards are not a new
thing), operated the machines and almost certainly did a lot of hand finishing
before to was ready to be sold.  Different skills to ours maybe, but highly
skilled none the less.

To receive the artefact of the month send your email address to
off...@laceguild.org.  You do not need to be a Lace Guild member (although we'd
love
you to join us), and the photos will be send to you near the start of each
month.  They all feature lace from the collection and can be anything from
antique to contemporary, from a grand piece like this to a small motif.  A lace
surprise present every month.

Jacquie in Lincolnshire