Thank you Agnes.  I am now blushing.  Seriously though, my aim is to help
people learn lace the best way I can.  If I explain something and the student
doesn't understand what I have said then I rephrase it.  But I like to
demonstrate as well as describe.

My favourite teacher has to be Alex Stillwell, also on this list.  Without her
I would not be teaching at all.  I was a secretary in my former life.

Jeri says to name teachers even if deceased.  For Honiton lace, Christine
Hawken  was very good, wrote a book '121 Honiton Lace Fillings' and the Devon
Lace Teachers finished her work Honiton Lace A collection of lace fillings.
Unfortunately she died a couple or so years ago.

The other teacher is Margaret Pearce from Derbyshire.  A very gentle and lovely
lady.  She loves modern lace and puts glittery threads and beads in as and
where she can.  It was a shock for me as for years I only worked white, ecru or
black lace.

Maureen
E Yorks UK

I was