When I first began making lace I experimented with a lot of materials.  I
have a very hard time looking at certain colors without developing a
headache, so tried darker shades of green, blue and even red.  During this
time I decided to try the clear contact paper.  I found that it leaves
residue on the pins and gets them all sticky.  Do others have this
trouble?  I have always wondered if it could have something to do with
climate and humidity.  More importantly, does anyone know a product that
does not do this?  When I teach wire classes I recommend blue film, but I
also carry some for anyone that does not have it.  I am all for moving to
clear if there is a way around the stickiness issue.
Kim