Hi,

Delurking for a moment to join the conversation.

I found references to the lace museum in the German section of the tourist
website:
http://www.plauen.de/de/tourismus/plauen-entdecken/plauener-spitze/spitzenmuseum.php?shortcut=spitzenmuseum

My German is pretty rusty, but the museum seems to be alive and kicking. As
far as I can tell, they currently have their 30 years anniversary, so it
may not be the same museum you are thinking of.

Sincerely,
Katja Gamby in Copenhagen, Denmark