I am a translator too and have translated two lace books into Spanish.
After that, the editor did not ask for more translations, because not many
Spanish lacemakers bought these books and it was a big expense for them.
Actually, it is an immense work to translate a lace book because it is, in
fact, a technical translation. Not anyone can translate a lace text. The
translator has to know how to make lace, apart from speaking or reading
languages. And this is not easy to find.

You can verify this by using Google translator. It is prepared to make a
translation of a simple and everyday text, but not at all a text about
instructions on how to make a certain stitch or technique... Not even a non
lacemaker could understand this in his/her own language!

So, although it is sad that we cannot get all the books that exist in our
own language, a good idea for us is to try and learn a bit of the languages
in which the books are written. At least the important words, to know what
the texts are about. English is a must, of course. And German too. ...
Well, we should have learnt all these languages when young!

Antje González
ww.vueltaycruz.es
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TwistAndCross