Anje wrote:
<So, although it is sad that we cannot get all the books that
exist in our
own language, a good idea for us is to try and learn a bit of the
languages
in which the books are written. At least the important words, to
know what
the texts are about. English is a must, of course. And German too.
Well, we should have learnt all these languages when young!
Antje
Gonzalez>

I have a number of books in German and my German is non-existent
so I looked the words up in other books that were already translated, or
online, printed what I needed onto paper and added it to the book.  It
certainly helps to have the English chapter titles when trying to find what I
am looking for.  Most pattern books, as previously stated, have good technical
diagrams so an experienced lacemaker should have no trouble following the
directions.  I appreciate it when an author has more than one language on the
page.  It does help, and it probably helps selling more of their books
overseas.

Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago,
Illinois, USA where we still have at least 3 foot of snow outside the window.
 Thankfully the roads are kept pretty clear.  Hoping Spring is around the
corner, I'm fed up with the white stuff.
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org