 From: Rosemary Hemmett
<rosemary.hemm...@virgin.net>
To: Janice Blair <jbl...@sbcglobal.net>
Sent:
Monday, April 21, 2014 11:21 AM
Subject: Re: [lace] Janice Blair's poppy
Dear Janice

I have tried to access your website but I kep getting the message
that
the domain is unknown
  I clicked on jblace.com  please am I using the
correct web address

Kind regards

Rosemary Hemmett

On 19/04/2014 01:30,
Janice Blair wrote:
> Dave wrote:
> <Dear Janice and other Friends,
> April
25th is ANZAC Day here in
> Australia and so I've spent today
> making one of
your red Remembrance Day
> Poppies. It's really come out
> well, so tomorrow I
shall make another for my
> best mate Des which we
> can then wear as we march
in Adelaide, South Australia
> where our
> entire Battalion is having its
first ever reunion since Vietnam in
> 1970.>
>
> I will be very proud to think
of you and your made wearing a poppy
> design by me as you march in the
parade.

> <I have to say though, that as I
> worked it, I couldn't help but
think
> what a great project this would make for
> a beginner!! You can easily
> finish one in a day; you'd learn hanging on and
> throwing out pairs;

cloth stitch and twists and end up with a useful object.
> Plus, for
> me, it
finally got rid of some thick old red crochet cotton I'd
> been
> hanging on
to for years awaiting the right project. :) >

for one of the guilds I belong to.  Mine is www.jblace.com but I
> don't think
I have ever posted the design on that site.  I will ask my DD to
> put it on
but it might be a while to her doing it.  In the meantime, I have
> asked the
webmistress of the IOLI site to put it on their pattern page if
> possible.
When I hear back from Pam, I will post the link so you can find it.
> I made
dozens of those flowers and others for our convention in 2008 so
> haven't
done any since.  You are right, it is a simple pattern for a beginner
> and
you can make as many petals as you want.  I must say I always get a little

thrill when my name pops up on Arachne.  DH always says that now I am famous

:-)

www.jblace.com

send email to majord...@arachne.com containing the line:
y...@address.here. For help, write to