On 5/20/2014 4:21 PM, Lorelei Halley wrote:
This discussion of lace/laces brings to mind a wild life film I saw last night
about polecats (which I discovered is a relative of weasels).  "We must
exterminate the polecat" means that the game keeper wants to reduce the
predators that are eating his pheasant.

In central PA we refer to skunks as a Polecat. Which I would think was a relative of the weasel family. Of course then there is the issue of all the local phrases one uses. Look up Pittsburgh slang. Full of odd phrases. This certainly makes it hard for one who is trying to translate things into another language.

Lace - going to spend the night working on some Russian lace and winding some bobbins.

--
Shell in Central PA
“A half finished shawl left on the coffee table isn't a mess; it's an object of