Thanks to all who wrote!  Thanks Louise for the link to Stephen
Pearce--WOW--you're right about the shape.  Plus I didn't see any wood bobbins
on his site.  Mine seems to be ebony & there's no groove on the head so not
Geoff Mudge either.  Oh well--it's very pretty so I'm sure I will enjoy using
it.  Jay, I was surprised that all the commemorative Arachne bobbins weren't
the same color in 1996!  Does that mean that you have spider bead spangles to
match?  Thanks Jane, I don't have initials on my Lace Hall bobbin so that seems
a dead end.  Perhaps I should mention that both Arachne & Lace Hall bobbins
were acquired from the Elaine Merritt collection that was offered by the Lace
Museum.  There were quite a number of lovely pieces but budgetary constraints
intervened!  No initials on the "Springett style" bobbin either.  More
mysteries--but I love the little snippet of painted lace.  Is this the time to
ask about spangles?  One of our goodies at IOLI was a lovely beaded spangle!
 --however the wire is very short & it looks like it just clips on.  I have
other bobbins with similar spangles & they are all from the UK.  This is not
the way I learned to make spangles so what's up?  When I make them, they are
permanent to the bobbins unless cut off with wire snips.  Is this a regional
difference or is there a reason to clip them on?  Many thanks for the thorough
education that is freely available on Arachne!  Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Erie,
PA USA