Dear Lace Makers,

Diane Z called me this morning to ask if I would forward the message below,
 since she was having a problem with her e-mail provider or computer that
has not yet been sorted out.  The message came to me just fine, but her
mails to _Lace@arachne_ (mailto:Lace@arachne)  were bouncing back to  her.
Diane is a long-time member of Arachne, IOLI  and OIDFA.

I, Jeri, do not know about the quality of the square bobbins shown in  the
second row of pictures, or the reliability and credit safety of the
ordering site.  However, something like 50 cents a bobbin is a good  value,
even if
the bobbins were to need some smoothing with fine  sandpaper.  All depends
on the wood.  Wal-Mart products are usually of  a lower quality, even if of
a brand name you recognize

This may be a good buy for local lace groups, who put together  beginner
supplies for new lace makers to borrow!  Can anyone give us  feedback?

(Do not consider the Lacis Bobbin Lace Kit that we  not-so-affectionately
call "The kit from H*ll" shown as the 4th item in the top  row of pictures.
Beginners will do better with a conventional lace pillow,  with which local
lace groups will be able to help )

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

----