I've changed the subject to Volunteering, so it will be properly filed in
our archives..

Yes, how many times have a very few of us been brave enough to comment on
this?

Writing and researching is NOT something I had done  professionally for 25
years, when I started to communicate on  Arachne about conservation and
restoration and about books and  researching.  I think it has gotten easier
with
time, though I detest  typing and actually failed it in high school!

Local guilds have been given permission to reprint what I write on
Arachne.  However, I am not so willing to write for major guilds,  because most
volunteer editors have much less knowledge at this point,  and one experience
of over-editing was very upsetting.  I know it  is difficult to convince
someone to be an editor of the larger bulletins,  but I usually have reasons
for
including content beyond what someone else would  do.  If something is too
long, I want to be the one to decide what to edit  out.  And, I want to know
there are qualified proofreaders.

Here are some volunteer possibilities - researching, writing,  editing,
proofreading - from what is written above.  There are  many more roles to fill,
so something to suit everyone's abilities.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center