Thank you Janice, I now have this pattern and have printed it off to show my neighbour. I worked this for a young women 6 years ago I think when she had a baby girl to attach to a card. This type of design has been mentioned by several people so it appears to be a popular choice:-)
Sue T

I have sent a copy of my rocking horse pattern to Sue.  Mine is a simple
tape lace suitable for beginners, especially as the ending is all the threads
tied together to form the tail.  Any tallies can be replaced with beads or
just done in a plait. Thanks for remembering it Jane. Wish we had somewhere
to place patterns written in Word.
Janice

HI All,  I'm thinking I have seen a
tape lace rocking horse by Janice
Blair.  I may be dreaming but Janice can
tell us.  What a lovely idea!

Jane in Vermont, USA where we are having
exquisite weather!

Janice Blair
Murrieta, CA, 60 miles north of San Diego