Jeri and anyone else who may be interested:

You don't need to wait for the book to become available in your country.

The book "The Royal Lacemaker" by Linda Findlay can be bought from the Book
Depository for $Aus11.97 - that is
$US10. 44  although that is the paperback price.

They ship worldwide with no charge at all for postage.  I buy lots of books from
them and their service is consistently  excellent.
http://www.bookdepository.com/Royal-Lacemaker-Linda-Finlay/9781405918954?selectC
urrency=USD

Fran