Lorelei, I think we all feel like dills at times when we're doing things in
public.   I altered a pattern once in order to make it easier for the
students to establish the basics of the piece before they tackled a more
complicated technique.   However, I didn't revise the starting instructions
- and discovered in the class that, because the start was so different, I
should've added two rows of pinholes at the top instead of one.

And I was in New Zealand teaching the not-quite-released Lace8 programme
when I discovered that some people, using older laptops with smaller screen
resolutions, couldn't access all the buttons on the toolbars.   The
programmer had assumed that anyone with a smaller screen resolution would be
able to access the buttons a different way - but I didn't know that way at
the time, so I hadn't tested it, and found out that it didn't work!    I
felt so terrible about it all, and couldn't get onto the programmer either
because he was away on a cruise somewhere!

Hopefully our students accept us as human beings and don't hold a grudge!

Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)

But I can honestly also recall a major gaffe of my own. I was supposed to
give a lace identification lecture using my own projector. When I got there
I found out the bulb had burned out. A local woman came to the rescue and
went out and found a replacement. I think, in the end, they enjoyed the
lecture. But I sure was an idiot that day.

Lorelei