On Oct 25, 2014, at 5:21 AM, David C COLLYER <dccoll...@ncable.net.au> wrote:

> Dear Friends,
> I have a question which I think will prove difficult to put into words.
>
> If you are working 2 half stitch motifs side by side, or perhaps passing a
pair of bobbins backwards and forwards over the vein in a leaf, do you give
that pair a twist or not before including it in the other motif?

Hi David

When I did my research on over 300 pieces of antique Bucks point I found that
when pairs crossed a gimp all possible numbers of twists had been used in the
past, including no twists at all. Try the different variations and make your
own decision, there is no right or wrong - but there is looking good and
looking better.

Blow the dust! Let’s make lace

Alex