Dear Meghann,

Having sent you to Laurie's site, I am surprised to see that she didn't
include the Museum of Costume and Lace in Brussels.

http://www.brusselsmuseums.be/en/museum/76-museum-of-costume-&-lace-museums-
of-the-city-of-brussels

The Kantcentrum in Bruges used to have a display. I am not sure what is
going on there since it changed hands.
The flax museum in Kortrijk near Bruges is very good.
There was a small museum over the Rococo lace shop in Bruges. There are
occasional lace making demos outside lace shops.

Of the Italian museums I recommend the one on Burano, recently redone, if
you see no other. Sometimes there is a lace demo there. The Palazzo
Davanzati in  Florence has only just redone its lace room and is very good. I
always
like the  Poldi Pezzoli in Milan. The lace is entirely in an
unprepossessing metal  storage/display thing in an unvisited hallway, but once
you find it
you can pull  out the drawers, and leaf through the upright framed display
items to your  heart's content. You may have to ask where it is.

Devon