Hi,

I am thinking of starting some Chantilly lace, which I have never done 
before. I have the workshop book by Lia Baumeister, and looking at it I 
am a bit confused. I have done Buckspoint, which is very similar, with 
quite a few stitches the same, but I am seeing with this book that some 
seem to be backwards.
For one thing, the footside is on the left, while I am used to having 
the footside on the right. That should be easy enough to get used to, 
but what will really throws me off is that the ground stitch is done 
backwards, she does it TTTC, while with Bucks it is CTTT. Am I going to 
run into problems if I do it CTTT as well in the Chantilly? The same 
with the honeycomb stitch, which in Bucks is CTTpinCTT, but in the 
Chantilly is TTCpinTTC.
Now I am wondering if this is just a quirk of Lia's or if Chantilly lace 
is really done different from Bucks. That really makes me question if I 
want to even attempt Chantilly, because I am going to have trouble 
remembering which way I am supposed to do the stitches depending on 
which lace I am working on.

*Marianne*

Marianne Gallant
[email protected]
threadsnminis.blogspot.ca

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to