It seems to me that while it is good for Sally to find out about lace in Celtic nations, there probably won't be much time for her to pass on the information she has gleaned to the people who are wandering about. What they will be interested in, is to see her making lace.

I might suggest finding a nice Celtic knot pattern and working that. Whether people in Celtic nations ever made such a thing (probably not) isn't really the point, it is to give the feel of the designs and for people to see lace being made so that they have a good time while they are there.

Just my two cents worth

Malvary in Ottawa where it is supposed to go up to 12c today (get rid of more of my snow banks).