Hi Karen and All,  I do know about Sara Hadley!!  I had an article on her
in the  September/October 1995 issue of "Piecework" magazine.  Send me
your address and I'll send you a copy.

She was in business from about 1894 or so until the 1920's.  Her magazine
The Lacemaker covered many types of needle/embroidered laces as you have
discovered.  Her favorite seemed to be Battenberg Lace (my favorite too).
I will write more tomorrow since others many be interested.

What a treat to find a note about Sara Hadley!

Jane Viking Swanson waiting for the leaves to come out.
jvik...@sover.net