Dear Phil,
Thank you for the suggestion of Vicky Taylor. I was unaware of her work,
but it is quite interesting. I am familiar with the Love Lace competition
and have the catalog which I am using for a reference. As you say, it has
the broadest interpretation of lace in it. While Love Lace was a great
exhibit, the exhibit that I envision for my proposal is one in which the
works are contemporary and non-traditional looking works of art but are
made using bobbin or needle lace technique. This is a somewhat different
focus than previous shows. I am grateful to those people who have suggested
artists to me. For instance, I was unfamiliar with the work of Experikant,
Many thanks,
Devon