Dear Elizabeth in Brazil,

1.  Your letter did not go to Arachne as I see it on my copy of your
letter.  As I saw your memo on my computer screen (copy below this note),  it
only came to me.

My usual reply address choices with AOL are "Reply" which only goes to  the
sender (you) or "Reply All" which sends to you personally plus to AOL  in
the "Send To".  In your letter (below this reply) from you  to me, it just
gave your mail address in "Send to", so I typed the  Arachne address in the
"Copy To" box for this reply.   I added Brazil  to the Subject line, so the
Arachne archives will file it under your country's  name.

What this means for everyone is that addressing to the Arachne address will
 in most cases (my AOL does not deliver to all) go to the entire
membership.  I like to be sure a copy goes to the originator of
correspondence, so
make sure she is addressed.  According to the  original Arachne, that means
the receiver (if it is you that wrote) will  get 2 copies of the reply:  one
direct to you, and one from Arachne as a  result of your membership.  I do
not know how your carrier, UOL, handles  addressing, but that may impact your
way of addressing mail.

2.  Way behind the scenes, I was indirectly behind the founding  of a
national lace organization in Europe.  Often, we do not know  what plants the
seed of the idea to organize lacemakers into a force that is  bigger than one
person can be.

If you wish to do so, I will be happy to invite a few national  guild
experts in the international lace community to join together in  a private
advisory group to assist you in organizing a national lace guild in  Brazil,
because I hope such an effort on your part will eventually spread  throughout
the
nations of South America.  However, you must realize it  will take so much
of your time that you will not be able to make much  lace!

With this in mind, we should MOVE the  SUBJECT to PRIVATE correspondence.
It will be more efficient  than on Arachne, and we can be sure that the few
helping you are  receiving the letters supporting you.

In lace friendship,

Jeri Ames in Maine USA, Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

In a message dated 8/29/2016 7:41:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,