Thanks everyone for your welcomes!

I don't actually have a "teacher". I have been learning from books, and
advice from others on the Australian online group Gumlace. I have a
wonderful mentor that helps me to understand things, I contact her via
emails.

My local lace group is 3 hours drive away.

As for how my learning is going:

I have mastered CT,  CTC, CTCT, Torchon edge. I understand how to wind
my bobbins.

I am tackling Torchon ground at the moment. My pillow is only 12" square
at the moment. I am working on covering the blocks for a much larger
block pillow. I have 25 blocks to cover.

--
Joseph

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
-Dolly Parton