Not all brands of linen are the same.  I used Fresia brand linen in the
tablecloth I finished this year.  It was quite smooth.  The few slubs were
far apart.  I think the Fresia thread was made for lacemaking.  The linen
that is full of slubs was probably made for weaving, and the slubs were
intentional for texture.

Alice in Oregon