Result of a quick and dirty hunt (and therefore not genealogically valid [could
be figments of fancy of the researchers or poorly researched or just copied from
other such sources]):
Richard Dillingham from Bedford, born ca 1811 (or March 1810), Father Joseph
Dillingham, Mother Alice Holmes, siblings listed include sisters Amelia, Harriet
and Anne, brothers James and William [and possibly a Joseph as well].  Caught
housebreaking at age 23.  5'7" tall, stout build, brown hair, sentenced to life
but commuted to transportation for life.  Transported to Tasmania on the
"Katherine Stewart Forbes" , had a friend write home to tell his family that 4
years after arrival he was within a mile of Hobart, drove a cart to market, went
to Victoria after Conditional Pardon and died there at age 65.  Letter home say
he had a daughter in Oz called Anne but not married to the mother.

Here is one google hit:
http://www.convictrecords.com.au/convicts/dillingham/richard/116015

Regards

Fran