Hello lacemaking friends,

I am happy to see that you like the piece of lace!

As a complement to the information about this lace from Camariñas, I inform
you that there is a catalogue of laces from this area free to download,
legally:
http://ficheiros-web.xunta.gal/artesaniadegalicia/encaixe-galego.pdf

You should print the patterns in A3 to get the real size, as most of these
popular lace is worked with cotton No. 30 or even 20. Most of these pieces
of lace were made for home linen, so a thicker thread is more easily washed
and preserved.

But you can print the patterns smaller in a A4 and work with a finer
thread.

As you can see, the lace that is done in Galicia (Camariñas, a really
beautiful region to visit, by the way) is what we would call "mixed"
technique, as Torchon and Cluny (here called guipur) is mixed in a same
pattern most of the times.

I hope you enjoy this information.

BTW, the link to this pdf file was already given here in Arachne years ago,
as far as I remember.

Best wishes and happy lacemaking!!

Antje, Spain
www.vueltaycruz.es