Good morning, all.

Seems like I contact this list only when I need something.
Sort of like the child only phoning home when they need money.

LOL  : )

I do read all the posts.  Not able to participate much since I am
a shop owner and very involved in my husband’s bee business.

Today, I am looking for help with a pattern from a book:
“75 Quick & Easy Bobbin Lace Patterns” by Veronica Sorenson.
This book is in the library belonging to the Lincoln Lacemakers and
possibly originally belonged to Cristina Banyard who has passed away.

The pattern is on page 48 - "Tommy Tortoise” designed by Karen Williams.
Would love any and all suggestions on making this pattern.  Two of
the ladies I have taught some very basic torchon lace to would like
to make it.  I’m not very good at starts.  Really should take a class
at convention sometime on starts and finishes.  But I see that there
isn’t one at this year’s convention. : (

We are looking at enlarging the pattern and using a heavier thread,
LizBeth sz 80 since I carry that in my shop and would prefer not to
use a thread as fine as the pattern recommends.

Correct me if I am wrong, but couldn’t the outlining be done in a
tape lace fashion - whole stitch, cloth stitch, whole stitch?
If left to my own knowledge, I would start with the longest tape going
along the outside edge of the turtle.  Then doing each of the shorter
tapes joining in to the outside edge and/or each other.

We would probably use more simple fillings due to the limited
experience of the two beginners.  Probably spiders, maybe rose ground

Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Jane Nelson
Valhalla Bee Farm, LLC - Honey, Lace and More
4713 Hartley, Suite 2, Lincoln, NE  68504
(402) 261-3407
valhallab...@neb.rr.com <mailto:valhallab...@neb.rr.com>
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri - 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm