Susan
I have 2 of Kortelahtil's books: UUDET NYPLAYSMALLIT 1976, and NYPLATTYA
PITSIA 1981. The first thing is that it is hard to know which designs are
typical of Finnish lace generally, and which are purely Kortelahti's own
exploding creativity.  Although, I suppose that celebrating Kortelahti is
legitimate all by itself.
In the earlier book there is a charming apple edging on pages 28-29. And she
has a leaf design that keeps reappearing in her work. I think of it as her
signature. Page 53. And a more elaborate version pages 96-97.
In the 1981 publication there is a lovely flower edging on pages 42-43, an
another version of the leaf design on pages 76-77.
These are all designs that I have thought about making, but never got around
to it.
Lorelei

Subject: [lace] Finnish lace

Hello All!  Today I'm seeking advice to find a small, reasonably simple
pattern that is representative of traditional Finnish lace