I did read Antje's blog at the time but I wonder if the patterns on
Pinterest really have that big an influence on the sale of the magazine.  I
have opened some of these scanned patterns but find them of no use what so
ever.  The resolution is so small that once the pattern is enlarged the
lines are so indistinct that the pattern is of no use what so ever. One is
also not sure of the correct size etc etc.  Now when I see a nice pattern on
the internet I am much more interested in the origin than even considering
opening the pattern.  What have other people found?  I also object to the
stealing of patterns and not giving credit etc etc but I find my interest is
more stimulated by seeing the prickings and then buying the book.  For us in
South Africa the Lace Express has become very expensive.

Jeanette Fischer, Western Cape, South Africa.

http://vueltaycruz.es/en/lace-makers-appeal.html

PD. The Karpenko's have not retired. They just could not keep the business
because all the copying. And they are not the only ones.

Have a nice day...