Susan Hottle mentioned this lace under Subject of Christmas today.  It won't
be found in the Arachne archives that way.

"I realized that I had neglected to post my little wreath. After taking a
Frisado class from Carolyn Wetzel at Ithaca, I played around with the #4 gold
passing thread & Gutermann silks when I got home .. The bow is brick stitch &
made with Delicas. Frisado is a Spanish needlelace that features loops of gold
passing thread in various sizes, spacing & density. It is light as a feather &
lends itself to jewelry & ornaments. The wreath has a 28 gauge wire rim to
give it stability. Susan Hottle USA"

Jeri continues: In the Summer Bulletin 2017 of International Organization of
Lace, Vol. 37, Number 4 - starting on page 24, there is a 9-page article by
Devon that tells the story of her Lace Study trip to Spain with other lace
makers, some of whom just happen to subscribe to Arachne.  Title - Spanish
Enchantment: a Traveling Band of American Lacemakers in Search of Frisado.
 The number of surviving examples of this lace is limited, and they are
difficult to chase down.  Color photos on each page, and a fair share of
adventure.  Readers interested in 16th C. needle laces made with colored
silks and with gold thread will find this most interesting, if they neglected
to read it.

For non-members of IOLI, little can be found by Searching G**gl*

There was a class in Spain, and a photograph can be seen on the new Brooklyn
Lace Guild's Facebook of a result.  The class used silver thread, instead of
gold.

https://www.facebook.com/brooklynlaceguild/photos/a.1206709746018865.10737418
28.1197959496893890/1603478296342006/?type=3

If you do not want to join Facebook, click Not Now on the sign-up page.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center