Thank you all for posting! I’m enjoying the various discussions on lace in the
1980’s, modern lace trailblazers (whose names I now know) & connections to
math. Some of us came late to the party so these additional details are
fascinating. Overall, I’m going to agree with Robin & her comment about
inquiring minds. For me, lace is about curiosity. To some extent, lace reminds
me of the internet—you can follow one link that leads to another & pretty soon
you get lost in there for days! In the meantime, in between reading Arachne,
working in my garden & watching the wedding, I finished a small piece of
Rosaline designed by Ghislaine Moors. A pic is posted to Flickr & in spite of
its many mistakes, I’m pleased that it resembles the intended design. As to the
wedding veil, I hope more “construction” details are forthcoming. You never
know when an Arachnean may undertake a similar project on a smaller scale!
Sincerely, Susan Hottle USA
Sent from my iPad