One person has suggested off list that the woman is a lefty, or
injured her hand in an accident. But I think that a lefty would put
the pins in with the left hand, because that is arguably the thing
that requires the most precision. When I was trying to make lace as
fast as possible, and it was Bucks, not Beds as this appears to be, I
found myself using both my hands as much as possible so that I was
twisting with both hands simultaneously. Perhaps it depends on the
lace. Also, it is frustrating that the close-ups of the lace don't
allow you to see how she is making the feature. For instance the
tally. I think you need two hands at a minimum for a talley.
Devon