Dear Susie

I originally used AutoCad but had to change when it became too expensive. I
now use Lace8. It has its limitations, the most annoying being that it is not
as accurate as I would like for very fine prickings such as 0.8mm grid, but I
overcome this by printing twice size and reducing after scanning. The program
is easy to use and I consider it very good value for money.  I produce all my
prickings using it – torchon, Bucks, Beds (including the very complicated
floral designs), Honiton, Milanese and ones to be worked using 160/2 Egyptian
cotton in the Mechlin book I have just finished.

Incidentally, I do not design on the computer but on paper, then I scan the
design, load it as background and use Lace8s drawing facilities to draw over
it to true it up, change lines into equally spaced dots, repeat the design as
many times as I require, turn corners etc. Finally I can print out according
to whatever scale I choose.

Blow the dust

Alex (Usual disclaimer, I have no connection with the producer of Lace8)