Hi Arachnids

I have always taught torchon first, but if a student struggles I change to
Beds. Everyone is different. Some find the geometrical structure of torchon
easier to manage, others find the flow of Beds easier. To me, the answer is to
be flexible.

There is always more to learn, adapt and understand when working with fibres.
I consider that, when making a classical lace,  any changes in technique
should not change the character of the lace and there are certain traditional
English methods use for making Bucks point that I have abandoned for other
methods that achieve an improved version of the same result. For other lace
– anything goes as long as the lace looks beautiful and is suitable for its
intended use. (If it must be washed it must be able to stand up to it.) if i I
do not approve of Lace Police and I consider anyone making lace should not be
told they are doing it wrong when the technique is not the traditional one.

Blow the dust

Alex