Thank you Jeri & Sue! My query was prompted by a photo in an online
article—“The Royal Family’s Christening Gown Has a Fascinating History” at
townandcountrymag.com. The pic shows Prince George in 2013 & the photo detail
is better than many others. According to the article, the original lace
(commissioned for Queen Victoria) was made by “Janet Sutherland, a miner’s
daughter” from Falkirk, Scotland. The replica was undertaken by Angela Kelly,
Queen Elizabeth’s personal wardrobe advisor who worked with “craftsmen in
Britain & Italy”. When I looked at the replica photo, it seemed like the lace
was appliqued on tulle, overlaid on a silk dress. I was interested in the
construction method. Sincerely, Susan Hottle FL USA

Sent from my iPad