There are always too many Sues in my life to help the confusion! Grin. The handkerchief was bought by my sister in 1988 to carry at her wedding as her something old. She bought it in the Kings Road, London, England UK. It appeared from its storage in recent times while shielding from the covid 19. She took a couple of photos were sent to me because she knew I would like to see them. I dont think I did the day of her wedding but my knowledge and joining the lace world only began in 2001 and then increased when I joined Arachne in 2005. I thought that all you many experienced lacemakers who also have great knowledge of lace, techniques, origins and all of that would enjoy to look and we might all learn a little about it, especially as many of us have been stuck at home for months. My sister was stunned when she got some fab feedback quickly from a couple of ladies here in the UK and when I read all the comments basically saying they needed to see the back I asked her to take a photo of the back. So far we are all agreed that it is needlelace and a very pretty well made piece which has survived the years well. We really appreciate all the feedback and are both grateful for it. Also thanks for Sue Babbs for her help in adding it to Flickr under a folder called Sue T.
Many thanks to all
Sue Turnbull
Dorset UK where we currently have a ray of sunshine and a warm day.
Stay safe everyone

There are too many Sues in this handkerchief conversation! Grin!! Other
than posting the photos on Flickr for Sue T, I know nothing about the
hanky.

Sue T has asked her sister for more photos, and there is now also a
photo of the hanky's reverse and a photo of its corner. The photos are
in an Sue T's album called Sue T, as she is the one asking the question
about it's identification.  They are the first three photos in the
photostream.  If you still can't see them, I can only suggest you
refresh your browser, beyond that I have no technical knowledge!

Sue Babbs
suebabbs...@gmail.com