Putting in my bid for Zoom. With a second camera in the form of an iPhone
suspended over the pillow you would be amazed. I just took a class with
Veronika Irvine over Zoom. I think it is 95% as good as in person. But the
savings in terms of no airplane flights or hotels more than compensate for the
missing 5%. Do you find yourself lacking in an obscure tool you didn’t
anticipate? No problem, run into your work room to find it. Are you pining for
your favorite beverage. No issue, go to the kitchen. Do you hanker to meet the
vanishingly few lacemakers on earth who are interested in mathematical art?
They are present although in the US, Europe, or Australia. A new opportunity to
make international friends. I think it is great!
Devon
PS. Sign up for Zero-waste through Bobbin Lace, tomorrow Aug. 15,  3 pm Eastern
Daylight Time, or see it live streamed or recorded on the International
Organization of Lace’s Facebook page. Details on the IOLI’s Facebook page.