I don't think it matters much, but most programs that offer both spell
and grammar checking that I know of distinguish between grammar and
spelling errors color-wise. Typically, I would expect red for spelling
errors and blue or green (or yellow ...) for possible grammar issues.

If I could choose freely, I would invert the colors as they are now,
i.e. use the reddish background for Hunspell and some other color for
possible errors found by LanguageTool proper.

Ideally, the colors would be configurable in the GUI. AFAIK, color
vision deficiencies are quite wide-spread, and I find it hard to predict
whether two colors that look clearly distinguishable to normal-sighted
people are distinguishable for those with a color vision deficiency.