Daniel Naber <list2...@danielnaber.de> wrote:

> On Sonntag, 10. Juni 2012, Dominique Pellé wrote:
>
>> fromy="1" fromx="5" toy="2" tox="10"
>>
>> The value tox="10" is wrong. It should be 2.
>
> Of course we should fix this, but shouldn't we
> also just specify the position as from/to positions,
> ignoring lines/columns? That's more robust.

Do you mean file byte offset from the beginning of
the document?  That won't be easy to use when
using LT from the command line.  Line and column
number make more sense to users.  But I'm not
sure I understood the suggestion.

For the Vim plugin, I had to ignore the column numbers
given by LT --api (because they are too often wrong)
and instead I used the the line number + context +
context offset + error length + some pattern matching
to match the context with the actual text.  It works fine.
But that was too much work for the web demo.
Better would be to fix the fromx, fromy, tox, toy
reported by LT.

Regards
-- Dominique