Hello,

I am a new user of iproute tool and would like some help to start some
experiments !!!

My computer run linux Debian with 2.2.19 kernel and iproute package

I have 2 routers with package queue an shapping by diffserv and rsvp

For now I woul like to install iproute2 + tc in my machine

I have some daults about that:

Can I use the original Debian Package for queue implamantation ?

With iproute 2 +tc I have to recompile the kernel ? Whats the best version
to do that ?

What kind of experiments I can do ?

Could I use the linux like a router with QoS implementation ?

I am a kkind of new user of these tools, so I have a lot of questions

Thank you a lot

Giuliano