Hello,

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Arindam Haldar wrote:

> after going thru the docs i find that with julians patch one needs to
> **MASQUERADE** to the links... we dont want that !.. we want our real ip
> to flow in these 2 links(real ip already being broadcasted on provider's
> network)..
> so my Question is-->possible without **MASQUERADE** ??.. will the
> setup(as shown in docs) loadbalance for our real ip's ?? ..

        Of course, it is possible ... and depends on how restrictive
are your providers. But if one link fails you can have the problem
of using sources for the failed link, then the replies from world
will hit the failed provider and will not reach you. As result,
your internal servers should know which source addresses to use
according to the link state. The masquerade simply guarantees that
one link is used only from addresses that are reachable from this
link.

> what other things i have to consider ?..

        As for applying the patches you need to download them
correctly. More likely you have white space problem (try with
patch -l).

> Awaiting a reply very very anxiously..
> A.H

Regards