Hi S!

> The packet flow diagrams have been well documented here.
> http://users.pandora.be/bart.de.schuymer/ebtables/br_fw_ia/br_fw_ia.html

That assumes you're using ebtables and matching traffic passing through br0.
I want to match traffic passing through eth0 and eth1.

> If you are matching packets for shaping, you must use tc. iptables will not
> do any shaping. It will only modify headers and take decision on packet
> flow. The only place where this would be amenable to any kind of traffic
> management is rate limiting. This is not in any place/ application
> constitute/construe bandwidth management or traffic shaping.

Yes, I know. tc matches traffic according to flags set in skb->priority. I'm
using iptables to match traffic and set those priorities (so like I said I'm
not using tc filters - i'm still using tc qdiscs to do the actual shaping).

--

Regards
 Abraham

"I prefer rogues to imbeciles, because they sometimes take a rest."
-- Alexandre Dumas (fils)

 Abraham vd Merwe [ZR1BBQ] - Frogfoot Networks
 P.O. Box 3472, Matieland, Stellenbosch, 7602
 Cell: +27 82 565 4451 Http: http://www.frogfoot.net/
 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]